Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Time for another sale - what do you want next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm

It's time to run another sale on one item or a set of related items.

Recent past sales have included recovery equipment in general, just winch lines, just snatch and tree straps, and winch line dog leashes.

What do y'all want to go on sale next? We put things on sale that we typically have in stock so we can ship fast.

7/8" kinetic recovery ropes?
Southeast Overland T-shirts?
Rocking K Cap Wrenches for Scepter gas cans?
Quick Fists?
Hi-Lift Off-Road Bases?
Hi-Lift Lift Mates?
MAXTRAX?
Hawse fairleads?
5/16" synthetic Amsteel Blue winch lines?

Let us know and we will get another sale started - thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 pm

RTT...RTT...RTT...RTT

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 pm

problem witha RTT sale is there are very few that can actually buy one...i know that i will buy one ...i WANT one bad...really would like to have one but its just not feasible yet...

ya never know ...i may NEED one when i move to Alaska...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

In a off-road magazine I got last week there was an article about adventure gear. One page was the fancy hi-dollar stuff, the other, a cheapo version. The guy had a Tacoma with a ladder rack. put 2 3/4" sheets of plywood up there and added a $30 2-man tent that was secured to the rails...No reason I can't do that on the FJ...maybe just one sheet of playwood.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Actually i have seen that several times...ive seen a few articles and posts in the blue room about doing just that...apparently all have had no issues with that sort of set up...i would however have to have a "real" RTT...jsut the fact that its built specifically for the roof of a vehicle meaning no warping plywood no having to set a tent up on a sheet of plywood...that sort of thing...

Steve what kind of tent do you have and what is the cost of it? im looking around though im not actually in the market...i wasnt to get as much info as i can...what is the fabric that is used in your tent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Steve what kind of tent do you have and what is the cost of it? im looking around though im not actually in the market...i wasnt to get as much info as i can...what is the fabric that is used in your tent?

We sell Mombasa and ARB RTTs. The majority of the fabric used in the tents is a coated poly-cotton 260g/m2. The fly is often coated polyester.

The least expensive Mombasa RTT uses a rip stop nylon fabric that doesn't breath as well as the poly-cotton but isn't a deal breaker in my mind.

There is a good bit of into on the Southeast Overland WEB STORE. Click HERE.

I use a Mombasa Overland Plus, RTT 9009 and have been very happy with it. I can set up the tent in about 5 minutes, take down is a couple more minutes.

If anyone is interested in a RTT shoot me a PM or email to Sales@SoutheastOverland.com and I'll see what I can do for you on price. If the forum wanted to get a group buy together for around 5 RTTs then I could give an even better deal.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks steve...appreciate the info...im definetaly going to go with a lorger tent with the private entry...verymuch like yours...

Have you had any experience with the TEPUI brand tents? just curious as to what you might compare them with..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Have you had any experience with the TEPUI brand tents? just curious as to what you might compare them with..

Many of the lesser expensive (non Maggiolina, ARB, etc) tents on the market are very very similar. You will see different logos, little different materials, colors, and such but they are very similar.

ARB tents look like Mombasa, Camping Lab, Tepui, etc but have some better materials, craftsmanship, and newer design upgrades. You will pay a little more for an ARB tent.

Maggiolina hard shell RTTs are a different animal. Very nice but more expensive. Set up easily, take down easily, but often don't have as much interior space for the amount of roof space they use. You get less to almost no usable roof rack space but an easier set up and take down.

I'm going to upgrade from a Mombasa Overland Plus to a ARB Simpson III at some point in the next year or two. I sleep in my RTT sometimes almost half the days out of a month during the busy wheeling season (spring and fall) when I'm at a bunch of events. I'm very happy with my Mombasa and have no real complaints but want some of the upgrades in the ARB RTT.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 am

Great info...thanks so much

i see someone getting a heck of a deal on the tent you have right now if you are going to upgrade...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Great info...thanks so much

i see someone getting a heck of a deal on the tent you have right now if you are going to upgrade...lol

You are welcome.

And you are correct - but I have to get my Total Chaos 2+" long travel and Metal Tech rear long travel set up in first.
Back to top Go down
yota15
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:16 pm

How about a recovery kit? I know you already have kits put together but what about a discount on a "custom" kit (I pick what I want, you provide set discount, etc.) What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:41 pm

yota15 wrote:
How about a recovery kit? I know you already have kits put together but what about a discount on a "custom" kit (I pick what I want, you provide set discount, etc.) What do you think?

Pick the items you want and if the total is over lets say $100, then get 10% off. How does that sound?

I have some sweet snatch straps and tree straps that aren't in the webstore yet. I love 'em and have tested them for awhile and they work very well. I'll try to get those up soon - or call 864-280-4238 and we will fill you in on them.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for another sale - what do you want next?   

Back to top Go down

Time for another sale - what do you want next?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1