Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 pm

New here to the FJ world. I jumped ship on the Taco's and went with an 07 FJ 6spd Man. So far I'm loving it, and I can't wait to learn about what I have and what I can do to make it even more wild than it is already.

Looking forward to tons of fun with too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Welcome to the group! Make sure you check out our Facebook page as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Welcome to the board.

Pictures?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks. I have to get some pics taken then I can post em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Welcome to the group.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 pm

welcome to the family!! thats a good switch from a taco to an FJ ...all in the same family and just as good but totally different.  Good to have you with us ...make sure you get in on the Sept. 28th New to Off Roading event.  free, fun times great invaluable info and FREE food!!!get with me and ill get ya signed up!!
Again, great to have you with us!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Welcome to the family...hope to see you at the 28th event.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:09 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
welcome to the family!! thats a good switch from a taco to an FJ ...all in the same family and just as good but totally different.  Good to have you with us ...make sure you get in on the Sept. 28th New to Off Roading event.  free, fun times great invaluable info and FREE food!!!get with me and ill get ya signed up!!

wow, my dumb pc didn't give me this message notification until today ! Well, thank you for the invite, sorry I missed out. I am loving this FJ but it almost drives me nuts when I realize I don't know anything about it, or what it can do or mods. However, if I'd show up more often then I might know something by reading up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

wow, my dumb pc didn't give me this message notification until today ! Well, thank you for the invite, sorry I missed out. I am loving this FJ but it almost drives me nuts when I realize I don't know anything about it, or what it can do or mods. However, if I'd show up more often then I might know something by reading up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
I'll check it out. MAN WHAT AN FJ ! I like your set-up. I think we talked before in here about me thinking of "blowing" my FJ. Before I do though I want to make sure it will handle it. I bought my 03/07 build date FJ in Sept. then immediately joined the forum. Mine is all stock for now, and I don't know where to start except saving money. I've had no troubles with mine at all except MPG's which all of a sudden went from 300+ to 254 "Overnight." Thanks for the welcome and invite to FB. I don't do FB much, but I'll try.

Thanks again,
Les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:12 am

iwashmycar wrote:
Welcome!

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 am

motorhead1257 wrote:
DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
I'll check it out. MAN WHAT AN FJ ! I like your set-up. I think we talked before in here about me thinking of "blowing" my FJ. Before I do though I want to make sure it will handle it. I bought my 03/07 build date FJ in Sept. then immediately joined the forum. Mine is all stock for now, and I don't know where to start except saving money. I've had no troubles with mine at all except MPG's which all of a sudden went from 300+ to 254 "Overnight." Thanks for the welcome and invite to FB. I don't do FB much, but I'll try.

Thanks again,
Les

Thank you sir!  I can only dream of those better MPG days!  I'm lucky if I can push 200 miles out in one tank now, on premium Sad
But it's worth it!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:10 pm

do you know about the thermostat issue. That's what mine is I believe. I can let it warm up for like 10 mins and drive nearly 10 miles before it starts to heat up good. It's very slow, so that's what I'm thinking anyways. I will fix the issue, because I know I can figure it out. Now is yours blown ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 pm

welcome to the group...good to have you here with us...look forward to meeting you in person..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.   

Back to top Go down

Jumped ship on the Taco and went for the FJ instead.
Page 1 of 1