HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Not sure who all in the area is going to the 1st Annual Meet and Greet/ Beginner offroad event. But I thought it would be great to all arrive convoy style. I know the Greesnboro area FJ's are trying to convoy as well. Depending on the amount in our group and/or route taken we could possibly join up with them down the road.  

If you would like to be in the convoy send me a PM with:

Forum name:
Email address:
Phone number:

All right, as we draw nearer to the event, it's time we hatch out some plans.

Route planned: 64 to hwy 49 to 109
Meet up location: Walmart on Tyron rd. (Which becomes 64) 
2010 Kildare Farm Rd.
Cary, NC 27518
Time: Meet 7:15 leave 7:40 at the latest.

The plan now as it stands is to meet and gather from 7:15 to 7:30 and leave by 7:40 at the latest. This will allow us time to meet up with the Greensboro area convoy in Asheboro along the way at 9am. From there we make a short 30min ride to the Off-road Center. 

If you have any questions or concerns, just give a shout.

Last edited by Crayfish on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Whats our Raleigh/Cary convoy # looking like? Wanna meet at 6:45a at the Kangaroo by HT for a mini-convoy over to Wally World?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:12 pm

4 as it stands possibly 5 when I hear back from Scott Haynes and I think the Greensboro convoy is maybe 5 or 6 Yeah that's cool, you can show me how you pack those extra gallons in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Oh yeah, thats right. lol. Sounds good. Its tedious but you get an extra 2.3gal!!!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Btw, have you been to URE yet? I cant remember. Last time I went, it was the same schedule... there by about 9:30am, we rode the trails until about 2 or so then back to my place by around 4. I was freaking exhausted. You dont realize how tired you get when youre driving all tense for hours. lol
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Yeah I went a few weeks back with the daily driver group. Yeah it's def gonna be a full day that's for sure.  Are you going to the dinner afterwords?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 pm

As of right now, yes. We'll see how Carrie is holding up by then though. lol. It's on the way back to Cary so that's a plus. You guys going?
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm

We are. I imagine  Alli will be in the same boat haha. But agree being in the way home is a good selling point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:30 pm

AND great that theyre BOTH going... so neither will be the only one "stuck" in this situation. lol
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Haha exactly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 am

I'm in for the convoy guys!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 am

Sounds good , I've got you down. This is going to be a great trip, still in shock over the turnout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 am

Great David! Carrie is still trying to wrap her head around the whole convoy concept. lol
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 pm

I will be there for the convoy. 6:45...yawn!

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Scottydog wrote:
I will be there for the convoy. 6:45...yawn!
Haha nice! Now where are you meeting us exactly? Cameron and I live 1/2mi away from each other in Cary so we were going to meet up at 6:45a and head over to Wally World. I think the "official" Raleigh convoy departs at 7:15a from the Wally World Cameron mentioned above.

Either way you cut it, thats early for sure. When I told Carrie about the meetup time and the plans for the day, her reaction was similar to this; Shocked
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah not a fan of mornings haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Yeah I was thinking depart wal mart around 7:30ish. Should give us plenty is time to get to Asheboro and team up with the other convoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm

It's almost time...................see you guys at Walmart around 7-7:15am!

bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Can't wait!!!! Just finished up the last few coats of plasti dip, getting everything ready!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   

Back to top Go down

Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1