Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

how do you remove pictures and delete threads?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Regarding the forum vs facebook talk... I think they're both great for this group. The facebook page is perfect for shooting the $h!t with each other, but not wasting valuable, informative space on the forum. I think you and David have some great ideas, and can't wait to see them transpire!  I also think that a reason for the slow pace of the forum is just natural because of the discontinuance of the FJ and the fact that pretty much all info is already out there on the little-changed models available. Even the national forum is slow as can be and only filled with the repetitive threads (“how big a tire fits on stock suspension" etc. etc. etc.). We just gotta keep the fire going!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Well I have to say I think a large part of the vacancy here is due to the low number of regulars, including myself. We only have a small percentage of active members that actually participate here on the forum, facebook, and at events considering the number of registered members we have in both places.   I get on and if I see no change in thread postings or topics I usually take off.  As a moderator and part of the administration team I rarely get to moderate much simply because we are all civilized people here.  Now if I were a moderator over on the blue room I would probably abuse the power.

2014 Ultimate Edition Trail Teams
Jami Stanley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:35 am

Its kinda cyclic...sometimes you get on, read some but there's really nothing generating conversation, then sometimes you get on and there's a bunch of topics needing input...it has fallen off a tad, facebook is a piece of that, but still some great folks and a good place to check in and see what's going on.

Last edited by NC FJ Driver on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 pm

I think it'd help if we had a better basis of new people introducing themselves, but I'm not sure how to get people to do so lol.  That would get more people feeling welcomed, leading to more input/posts/forum attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Haha I wouldn't say anyone made a mockery of you dude. You left our group, asking to be completely erased from our affiliation. And you couldn't even explain why first. That's pretty rude. Anyone should expect speculation if they completely disassociated themselves suddenly. Best of luck in your future ventures. Sorry our group was not right for you.
My god, Mitch, you just explained to me so much!  I now know why ex-gf's were pissed at me.  Laughing

Oh, and as a sidenote, DOWN WITH FACEBOOK!  Okay, antisocial rant over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Its kinda cyclic...sometimes you get on, read some but there's really nothing generating conversation, then sometimes you get on and there's a bunch of topic needed input...it has fallen off a tad, facebook is a piece of that, but still some great folks and a good place to check in and see what's going on.
I think a big part of it recently is the season.  We've had a very nice fall and almost everyone I know has been busy with work, trips, family stuff, etc.  It sucks that I've missed out on all the recent trips and I don't get to wheel anywhere near enough, but life gets in the way sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:24 am

Speedrye wrote:
DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Haha I wouldn't say anyone made a mockery of you dude. You left our group, asking to be completely erased from our affiliation. And you couldn't even explain why first. That's pretty rude. Anyone should expect speculation if they completely disassociated themselves suddenly. Best of luck in your future ventures. Sorry our group was not right for you.
My god, Mitch, you just explained to me so much!  I now know why ex-gf's were pissed at me.  Laughing

Oh, and as a sidenote, DOWN WITH FACEBOOK!  Okay, antisocial rant over.
Ryan... trust me.... it was them, not you....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:22 pm

I check the forum a couple times a week for "posts since my last visit". I like to keep up with everyone builds if there has been any updates on them. Facebook is like Mitch said, a great place to shoot the shizzle throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Also, who wants to start a thread for "latest mods" or "what'd you do to your FJ today?"

That is always a fun one to go back to.  People love showing off their mods, and there's not a good, specific place to do that on the forum... unlike facebook!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:47 am

Good ideal Mitch!  You should start one here. 

I like others don't come here but everyone and a while. I see no new posts and leave the times between checks becomes greater and next thing you know it's been a few weeks since I last checked. 

I'd like to see this place come back around. 

Sorry to hear Pale Rider left due to not being around anyone. There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in the North East of the state. We hang out quite a bit in Wilmington but he's 3-4 hours from us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you remove pictures and delete threads?   

Back to top Go down

how do you remove pictures and delete threads?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2