Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
qwksnd
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Howdy folks,

Who do you have experience with and are willing to put your personal reputation on the line for when it comes to regular servicing & maintenance for your FJ in the Raleigh/Durham area?

Thanks!

p.s. - Mod's, my apologies if I've started this in the wrong sub-forum. I looked at several before posting and didn't see and obvious "best fit" place. Feel free to move it as appropriate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Depending on the type of service/maintenance you are referring to..DIY. I took mine in for as few of the initial free oil changes, but after that I have done my own...plugs, oil, dif fluids, brakes...etc. All are very simple and a LOT cheaper. Plus you learn about your vehicle.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:53 pm

PS...welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get help on projects and loads of advice (aka, opinions)
Check us out on facebook...most folks have migrated over to there.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qwksnd
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome and response, Scottydog!

I was wondering if the cricket chirps had to do with the counter FJ culture notion of non-DIY. FB sapping the life out of traditional forums makes sense.

And honestly, I can't help but read into the low view/response on this specific subject as validating in some ways the sterotype of garages (truly reputable ones are out there, but pretty rare gems)... maybe someone will prove the sterotype wrong as the week winds down and maybe others get a chance to chime in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:47 pm

I have an awesome mechanic for work I can't handle. His name is Brent and he works out of the Shell station at the Quail Corners shopping center. Corner of Milbrook and Falls of Neuse. Tell him Scott Haynes sent you. He is honest and just a great guy. He has been my mechanic and more importantly my friend for 20 years.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qwksnd
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Good to know. Many Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)   

Back to top Go down

Recommend a mechanic/garage (RDU area)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1