Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:28 pm

ITs Jerry (MTBCoach in the Blue Room)!!!

Very cool video of some guys running Daniel...is there anyone here or on our facebook group what was in this video? Does anyone else recognoze anyone? I think the FJ with the GASGZLR VA vanity plate was at our show earlier this year.

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Cool vid...didnt recognize anyone. The first ledge definately looked harder/steeper in the vid than it was Memorial Day Weekend this year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 pm

its just the angle they shot the video at.... they need a better spotter IMO. That ledge is teh easier of the two if your asking my opinion. I think the second ledge is much more tedious and dangerous to your doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:49 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
its just the angle they shot the video at.... they need a better spotter IMO. That ledge is teh easier of the two if your asking my opinion. I think the second ledge is much more tedious and dangerous to your doors.

Maybe the shot angle had something to do with it, but the Black Cherry did look for a second like it was about to fall over on its side....and I don't think that was the "shot angle"....LOL

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 pm

crogers6569 wrote:

They seemed to come at it (the first ledge) at an angle, then go high left before turning up hill, we hit it head on, hit the gas (some harder than others Very Happy ) and rode right up it. I agree the second ledge required much more finess, I was definately thankful Don was up there spotting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:00 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

They seemed to come at it (the first ledge) at an angle, then go high left before turning up hill, we hit it head on, hit the gas (some harder than others Very Happy ) and rode right up it. I agree the second ledge required much more finess, I was definately thankful Don was up there spotting.

I would have been but he got my doors... not just one but both. Lol all in good fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 pm

crogers6569 wrote:

I would have been but he got my doors... not just one but both. Lol all in good fun.

Explain.....

Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Every time I have wheeled with ncfj driver both my passenger doors have gotten friendly with rocks. The first time was with ron spotting me on the second ledge on Daniel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
Every time I have wheeled with ncfj driver both my passenger doors have gotten friendly with rocks. The first time was with ron spotting me on the second ledge on Daniel.

AHH...LOL....so, any damage this time?

Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:17 pm

pressed a rock 2 inches into th
David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

same two doors. this time pressed a rock two inches into the magic plastic door panels then later drucg the back door along a rock trying to get around the top of daniel on an alternate line.

I just dont know how to call it quits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:19 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

same two doors. this time pressed a rock two inches into the magic plastic door panels then later drucg the back door along a rock trying to get around the top of daniel on an alternate line.

Damn...good thing you don't have a wife to kill you....LOL. You report it as insurance case? Or pay out of pocket?

Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:26 pm

David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:
David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

Damn...good thing you don't have a wife to kill you....LOL. You report it as insurance case? Or pay out of pocket?

Havent fixed either. No dents due to magic plastic panels and autozone touch up spray paint covers the scratches. My theory is go with a spotter who knows your vehicle platform and how to drive ofroad, then damage is avoidable as long as you as the driver can follow instructions from outside and not go with what you feel in the seat of your pants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 pm

I will also say that most of my damage comes from being trail leader and driving with no spotter. Like my high center issue this weekend. Easily avoidable if i had a spotter but i was driving by braille.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

crogers6569 wrote:
I will also say that most of my damage comes from being trail leader and driving with no spotter. Like my high center issue this weekend. Easily avoidable if i had a spotter but i was driving by braille.

Way to take one for the team! You make a great trail leader and i agree if you had a spotter then you wouldn't of got high centered. None the less i say a good pair of sliders should be on the list. I saw the door panel get jabbed by the rocks and i thought for sure it was going to be nasty but the plastic just popped back out! Must be magic, just a little surface scratch.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 am

Driving by braille! Perfect way of putting it Chad. I remember looking up at you from the bottom of that first steep climb we did and as you were trying to get over a ledge or something you were really giving it the gas and pumping the truck up and down, up and down. It looked like your 4runner was humping the rock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Its a Toyota... you can't kill it only make it uglier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 am

crogers6569 wrote:

Havent fixed either. No dents due to magic plastic panels and autozone touch up spray paint covers the scratches. My theory is go with a spotter who knows your vehicle platform and how to drive ofroad, then damage is avoidable as long as you as the driver can follow instructions from outside and not go with what you feel in the seat of your pants.

True.........I can spot a Tacoma 1st or 2nd gen through the roughest of trails............

Put a FJ or runner in front of me and I go blank. but I'm working on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....   

Back to top Go down

Some of you may recognize the first FJ in this vid....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1