Wrenching Days Ahead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 pm

X3...thanks for the help. An alignment is a must now.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: alignment    Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Scotty you may need to let the springs an all settle before you do an alignment, if you dont want to wait then get the alignment done down at ASI, in Charlotte next weekend...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:08 am

X4 Thanks Andy ! Had a great time with all the FJ buddies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Good point Mike...but, the springs on the rear went on right after Christmas. The shock adjustment yesterday was simply that...do you think I need to let that settle prior to alignment?

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I wish I could have made it. Unfortunately, the next event I can make will probably be the show in April.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:13 pm

scotty, i would say that the fronts are ok too...the springs are and have already been beat up. they have been offroad and had full compression and extension...adding just the shocks will not make a difference...id say get it done ...see if you can get Brian at ASI in Charlotte to pencil you in on the meet day...ill tell you that my shocks..have yet to drop at all...still at the height that they were at when i installed them..tough Buh-tox springs...LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 am

I won't be making it to the Charlotte meet. Cindy and I are headed to Nashville for a long weekend...early anniversary. I have a local mechanic I have used for like 17 years. He always takes good care of me and gives me a break on costs.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orange Boxx

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:42 am

Scottydog happy anniversary early have a great time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:14 pm

thanks

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:16 pm

I just cannot believe any of this happened... until I see some pics! Sounds like some great work was done though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:19 pm

It's true...but I regret to say we did not take pictures. Andy and I were covered in dirt and grease from 8:30 till about 4:00.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:27 pm

I had planned to but forgot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   

Back to top Go down

Wrenching Days Ahead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6