Share | 

Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 am

Has anyone ever been up to Winterplace ski resort?

My girlfriend has planned for us to go up to Winterplace for a couple of nights in February. I've never been on skis or a snowboard, so this should be an interesting experience...lol

I'll take my GoPro camera just so everyone will have something to laugh at. Hopefully I'll be able to convince her to let me hit a forestry road or two while we're up there in snow country Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:21 am

take a vid or 5.....i have been fun time. I will take skis over a board any day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 am

tbulluck wrote:
take a vid or 5.....i have been fun time. I will take skis over a board any day.

Why skis over the board? I used to be able to ride a skateboard downhill at a considerable speed...so naturally I thought the snowboard would be my pick. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 am

i played on mcgill and hawk boards growing up, it was a different ball game for me.....

you can always turn the board in and try skis if it does not work for you. fries and pizza was an easy way for me to tear up some skis. wedge "pizza" the skis to stop, parallel "fries" to go fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 am

tbulluck wrote:
i played on mcgill and hawk boards growing up, it was a different ball game for me.....

you can always turn the board in and try skis if it does not work for you. fries and pizza was an easy way for me to tear up some skis. wedge "pizza" the skis to stop, parallel "fries" to go fast.

I've known about the fries and pizza thing for a few years because of South Park LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAuF8fs0m4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:20 am

That was funny. I haven't been to Winterplace. I also have not been boarding in a long time. I only learned how a few years ago while I was stationed in Traverse City, MI. Never tried skis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 am

I don't know how much further it is, but I'd shoot for SnowShoe WV. They get a hell of a lot more natural snow, I have had some of the best skiing on the east coast at that place. They have a crap load of trails too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am

Winterplace is alot of fun! Snowboarding is a blast yet painful the first few times! Haha dont let the chairlift thats near the tubing fool you, it looks like it goes to a fairly easy run but actually takes you to the top of the mountain (that was an experiance the first time) haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:21 pm

I don't even want to think about the chairlift!

How do you slow down with a board...just fall? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:
I don't even want to think about the chairlift!

How do you slow down with a board...just fall? lol

haha thats one way, no you just turn the board parallel and lean back it will dig in and slow you down!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:23 am

That sounds like it will end in a fall anyway haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Haha you'll get the hang of it!
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:41 am

this is going to be me

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Winterplace is a blast... We used to go every year but haven't been in about 6-7.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 pm

winterplace is great.....

if you are on a bidget look at masanutin sp or the one in Maggie valley (catalochi)...or super cheap app ski mtn in boone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am

I havent wasted any money on skiing on this side of the country. For the price of a long weeknd in the southeast I can go to COlorado or Cali and ski for a long weekend and have real snow, no lift lines, and a mountain big enough not to ski the same line twice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever been to Winterplace, WV?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: