Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 LOVE my ICONS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER


Posts : 139
Points : 2081
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 42
Location : Hillsborough, NC

PostSubject: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm

I got the ICON Stage One on a group buy on the blue forum and it was worth every penny. A major improvement in ride on and off road. Also upgraded the UCA's to light racing to accomodate the extended travel coilovers.


Last edited by Snowdogyyz on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FonnieJr
Trail Scout
Trail Scout


Posts : 130
Points : 2078
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 29
Location : Stationed in Charleston SC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Indeed. I got the same exact kit as you and I couldn't be happier.

We gotta hit the trails one day man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 11:47 pm

saw his rig with the icons on it in person! i bought his old suspension setup, rough country.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR


Posts : 2677
Points : 5472
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 43
Location : Wake Forest, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 12:00 am

Snowdogyyz wrote:
I got the ICON Stage One on a group buy on the blue forum and it was worth every penny. A major improvement in ride on and off road. Also upgraded the UCA's to light racing to accomodate the extended travel coilovers.

Would like to know more....did you install? cost? any drawbacks? any wear on parts? etc.... I heard good things about ICONS...

_________________
Contact Info: dbronson@ncfjcruisers.com

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner


Posts : 926
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 am

If anyone wants help with installs let me know and I will be glad to host an install party in my shop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR


Posts : 2677
Points : 5472
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 43
Location : Wake Forest, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 12:08 am

crogers6569 wrote:
If anyone wants help with installs let me know and I will be glad to host an install party in my shop

Thanks Chad....great offer!! Would be happy to just attend, even another members lift....I'll bring the beer... Wink

_________________
Contact Info: dbronson@ncfjcruisers.com

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner


Posts : 926
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 12:11 am

David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:
If anyone wants help with installs let me know and I will be glad to host an install party in my shop

Thanks Chad....great offer!! Would be happy to just attend, even another members lift....I'll bring the beer... Wink

Microbrews only at this shop...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR


Posts : 2677
Points : 5472
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 43
Location : Wake Forest, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 12:12 am

crogers6569 wrote:
David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:
If anyone wants help with installs let me know and I will be glad to host an install party in my shop

Thanks Chad....great offer!! Would be happy to just attend, even another members lift....I'll bring the beer... Wink

Microbrews only at this shop...

Does Iron City count?

_________________
Contact Info: dbronson@ncfjcruisers.com

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner


Posts : 926
Points : 2951
Join date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Not a huge fan of yankee beers but bring it on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER


Posts : 139
Points : 2081
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 42
Location : Hillsborough, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed May 25, 2011 1:36 pm

So far, so good with the ICONS. No issues at all yet. That being said, I have not had the time to get out wheeling lately either (life, work, and the FJ40 take up lots of time!). Anyway, the ride feels much better now. It stiffened it up a bit. Particularly noticeable when you turn into a parking lot with a pretty steep entrance at an angle.... the FJ would always wobble quite a bit before settling. Now, the wobbling is much less and it stabilizes much quicker. Handling feels better overall and more in control.

I did not install myself.... had a shop in Burlington do it. For the front and back (including new UCA's and differential drop kit), you are looking at 6-8 hours of labor, so whatever the shop charges for labor should give you an idea. Then, the alignment on top of that. So, definitely worth the investment so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR


Posts : 2677
Points : 5472
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 43
Location : Wake Forest, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Snowdogyyz wrote:
So far, so good with the ICONS. No issues at all yet. That being said, I have not had the time to get out wheeling lately either (life, work, and the FJ40 take up lots of time!). Anyway, the ride feels much better now. It stiffened it up a bit. Particularly noticeable when you turn into a parking lot with a pretty steep entrance at an angle.... the FJ would always wobble quite a bit before settling. Now, the wobbling is much less and it stabilizes much quicker. Handling feels better overall and more in control.

I did not install myself.... had a shop in Burlington do it. For the front and back (including new UCA's and differential drop kit), you are looking at 6-8 hours of labor, so whatever the shop charges for labor should give you an idea. Then, the alignment on top of that. So, definitely worth the investment so far!

Did the same shop that installed the Icon lift do the alignment as well?

_________________
Contact Info: dbronson@ncfjcruisers.com

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER


Posts : 139
Points : 2081
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 42
Location : Hillsborough, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

David B wrote:
Snowdogyyz wrote:
So far, so good with the ICONS. No issues at all yet. That being said, I have not had the time to get out wheeling lately either (life, work, and the FJ40 take up lots of time!). Anyway, the ride feels much better now. It stiffened it up a bit. Particularly noticeable when you turn into a parking lot with a pretty steep entrance at an angle.... the FJ would always wobble quite a bit before settling. Now, the wobbling is much less and it stabilizes much quicker. Handling feels better overall and more in control.

I did not install myself.... had a shop in Burlington do it. For the front and back (including new UCA's and differential drop kit), you are looking at 6-8 hours of labor, so whatever the shop charges for labor should give you an idea. Then, the alignment on top of that. So, definitely worth the investment so far!

Did the same shop that installed the Icon lift do the alignment as well?



Yep, same shop did the install and the alignment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner


Posts : 1720
Points : 3786
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 34
Location : Raleigh, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Good info. After all the research Ive done on lifts, suspension, spacers, etc, it seems like Icon is definitely the way to go, followed by OME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR


Posts : 2677
Points : 5472
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 43
Location : Wake Forest, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:57 pm

I have a savings account now set aside for an ICON stage 2 lift..

_________________
Contact Info: dbronson@ncfjcruisers.com

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner


Posts : 1720
Points : 3786
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 34
Location : Raleigh, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:59 pm

David B wrote:
I have a savings account now set aside for an ICON stage 2 lift..

Not a bad idea. Maybe Ill be able to afford one by 2015 lol!

Oh by the way, check your regular email when you get a chance... I sent you some "thoughts" yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER


Posts : 139
Points : 2081
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 42
Location : Hillsborough, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I got mine on one of the blue forum group buys. Metal tech ran a special before the pricing went up early this year. The discount pushed me to do it when I was on the fence....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout


Posts : 284
Points : 2222
Join date : 2011-05-09
Location : Kannapolis NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR


Posts : 2677
Points : 5472
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 43
Location : Wake Forest, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Currently I have $1,000 set aside toward a Stage 2 ( I have an FJ Account at the bank.....LOL) I will pull the trigger sometime next year, as well as replace the tires...so saving..... Laughing Laughing

http://www.klmstore.com/icon-2010-fj-cruiser-suspension-system-stage-2-53062.aspx

_________________
Contact Info: dbronson@ncfjcruisers.com

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....


Last edited by David B on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout


Posts : 284
Points : 2222
Join date : 2011-05-09
Location : Kannapolis NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm

David your welcome to send some of that my way!!! haha;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner


Posts : 1720
Points : 3786
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 34
Location : Raleigh, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:38 pm

David B wrote:
Currently I have $1,000 set aside toward a Stage 2 ( I have an FJ Account at the bank.....LOL) I will pull the trigger sometime next year, as well as replace the tires...so saving..... Laughing Laughing

http://www.klmstore.com/icon-2010-fj-cruiser-suspension-system-stage-2-53062.aspx

WOW, WOW and WOW. That looks sweet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner


Posts : 651
Points : 2499
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : Charlotte,NC 28278

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 am

Right now I am torn between Icon or OW Radflo pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO


Posts : 459
Points : 2232
Join date : 2012-01-18
Age : 37
Location : Seneca, SC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I have a set of Icon 1" extended travel with Total Chaos UCAs awaiting time for me to install them on the front, and a set of Metal-tech extended travel rears as well. Now if I just could find a day to do it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner


Posts : 651
Points : 2499
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : Charlotte,NC 28278

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm

I don't think I could sleep at night if I had those sitting in the garage pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner


Posts : 1720
Points : 3786
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 34
Location : Raleigh, NC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Darklight wrote:
I don't think I could sleep at night if I had those sitting in the garage pirat

Diddo. I couldnt even sleep at night a few days before getting my new wheels put on. And those were just wheels!! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO


Posts : 459
Points : 2232
Join date : 2012-01-18
Age : 37
Location : Seneca, SC

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Darklight wrote:
I don't think I could sleep at night if I had those sitting in the garage pirat

And I have a full powder coated 5 piece set of BudBuilts sitting waiting to be installed. Gotta run what you sell!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Today at 5:40 pm

Back to top Go down
 
LOVE my ICONS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What do you love about the 4AC?
» I love my XR650R
» 2nd annual Peace, Love and Bugs April 23rd, VW show and Earthday festival
» just a super HOT gentle reminder from dr LOVE
» Peace Love and Bugs - Atlanta Show

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Product Reviews :: Lifts/Suspension-
Jump to: