LOVE my ICONS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm

I got the ICON Stage One on a group buy on the blue forum and it was worth every penny. A major improvement in ride on and off road. Also upgraded the UCA's to light racing to accomodate the extended travel coilovers.

Last edited by Snowdogyyz on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FonnieJr
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Indeed. I got the same exact kit as you and I couldn't be happier.

We gotta hit the trails one day man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 pm

saw his rig with the icons on it in person! i bought his old suspension setup, rough country.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Snowdogyyz wrote:
I got the ICON Stage One on a group buy on the blue forum and it was worth every penny. A major improvement in ride on and off road. Also upgraded the UCA's to light racing to accomodate the extended travel coilovers.

Would like to know more....did you install? cost? any drawbacks? any wear on parts? etc.... I heard good things about ICONS...

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 pm

If anyone wants help with installs let me know and I will be glad to host an install party in my shop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
If anyone wants help with installs let me know and I will be glad to host an install party in my shop

Thanks Chad....great offer!! Would be happy to just attend, even another members lift....I'll bring the beer... Wink

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 11:11 pm

David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

Thanks Chad....great offer!! Would be happy to just attend, even another members lift....I'll bring the beer... Wink

Microbrews only at this shop...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Thu May 19, 2011 11:12 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
David B wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

Microbrews only at this shop...

Does Iron City count?

Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Not a huge fan of yankee beers but bring it on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm

So far, so good with the ICONS. No issues at all yet. That being said, I have not had the time to get out wheeling lately either (life, work, and the FJ40 take up lots of time!). Anyway, the ride feels much better now. It stiffened it up a bit. Particularly noticeable when you turn into a parking lot with a pretty steep entrance at an angle.... the FJ would always wobble quite a bit before settling. Now, the wobbling is much less and it stabilizes much quicker. Handling feels better overall and more in control.

I did not install myself.... had a shop in Burlington do it. For the front and back (including new UCA's and differential drop kit), you are looking at 6-8 hours of labor, so whatever the shop charges for labor should give you an idea. Then, the alignment on top of that. So, definitely worth the investment so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Snowdogyyz wrote:
So far, so good with the ICONS. No issues at all yet. That being said, I have not had the time to get out wheeling lately either (life, work, and the FJ40 take up lots of time!). Anyway, the ride feels much better now. It stiffened it up a bit. Particularly noticeable when you turn into a parking lot with a pretty steep entrance at an angle.... the FJ would always wobble quite a bit before settling. Now, the wobbling is much less and it stabilizes much quicker. Handling feels better overall and more in control.

I did not install myself.... had a shop in Burlington do it. For the front and back (including new UCA's and differential drop kit), you are looking at 6-8 hours of labor, so whatever the shop charges for labor should give you an idea. Then, the alignment on top of that. So, definitely worth the investment so far!

Did the same shop that installed the Icon lift do the alignment as well?

Back to top Go down
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm

David B wrote:
Snowdogyyz wrote:

Did the same shop that installed the Icon lift do the alignment as well?

Yep, same shop did the install and the alignment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Good info. After all the research Ive done on lifts, suspension, spacers, etc, it seems like Icon is definitely the way to go, followed by OME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I have a savings account now set aside for an ICON stage 2 lift..

Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: LOVE my ICONS!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

David B wrote:
I have a savings account now set aside for an ICON stage 2 lift..

Not a bad idea. Maybe Ill be able to afford one by 2015 lol!

Oh by the way, check your regular email when you get a chance... I sent you some "thoughts" yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas

LOVE my ICONS!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next