View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Steve,

School me on these Power Tank packages.

I know we talked a little in your shop a couple of weeks ago and you had one we looked at. It looked like a complete system, was that the "Package B"?

The 10lb tank will mount on a side rack (rated @ 20lbs) with large Quickfists without any issues, correct?

Thanks man,
Nick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Don't buy it yet...we are raffling off a complete system at the FJ Truck Show...

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 pm

i am winning it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Trade you the winch I win for it...

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:48 pm

deal...... we will do the swap meet afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:
Steve,

School me on these Power Tank packages.

I know we talked a little in your shop a couple of weeks ago and you had one we looked at. It looked like a complete system, was that the "Package B"?

The 10lb tank will mount on a side rack (rated @ 20lbs) with large Quickfists without any issues, correct?

Thanks man,
Nick

Nick - yes, I have one B system in stock with the XFlo coupler. The package is a complete system and what I run in my FJ. You can mount with the nice metal mount that comes with the system, or 2 Super QuickFists. One Super QuickFist can hold the weight but I use two (one high and one low) to keep the tank from shaking. I've never had any issues with the mounting. My tank is mounted to the stock plastic inner panel with a fender washer on the backside. Safe mounting to a side rack would depend on the capacity of the side rack.

I love cranking my PowerTank up to 250 PSI and air up my tires in a snap. I've seated beads too by running 250 psi, remove the valve stem innards (yes, that is a technical term) and give the tire a quick shot of CO2. Works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm trying to decide how to mount a tank. Why are you using the Quickfists vs. the factory mount?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Steve, what thread does the Xflo have is it forward or reverse thread? and what size is it if you dont mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:
I'm trying to decide how to mount a tank. Why are you using the Quickfists vs. the factory mount?

The metal mount that comes with the Power Tank is V-E-R-Y nice. It has a flat back so it needs to be mounted against a flat surface for best results. I have my Power Tank mounted as far up as possible on the driver's side in the rear. There is a slight bend in the factory plastic inside panel so I needed the mount to be able to bend a bit. The QuickFists worked perfect. Either will work just fine - the best option depends on exactly where you want to mount your tank.

BTW - I have a spare factory Power Tank mount (cheap) if anyone wants one.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Steve, what thread does the Xflo have is it forward or reverse thread? and what size is it if you dont mind me asking?

I don't mind a bit!

Male or female, 1/4" threads.

There are some pics and info http://powertank.com/products/sfID1/16/listPage/2 and from the pic http://powertank.com/products/sfID1/16/productID/435 the threads look to be normal (not reversed). The package I have has the X-Flo installed.
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 pm

When I get ready to pull the trigger, do I need to just contact you or order through your site? I like the one you have in the store, but I want a blue one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:
When I get ready to pull the trigger, do I need to just contact you or order through your site? I like the one you have in the store, but I want a blue one Very Happy

You can do either. If you purchase through the Southeast Overland WEB STORE just make sure to spec the tank as blue. If you call me I'll take care of you over the phone. Or - you can swing by the shop. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Where would you fill one of these up? And how many tires can a 5 or 10lb tank fill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:28 pm

MadToy wrote:
Where would you fill one of these up? And how many tires can a 5 or 10lb tank fill?

Many welding shops, paintball shops, and some other places can fill them up for you. I get charged $12 for a 10 lb tank at the local welding shop in Seneca. The 10lb tank fits the best (I think) in a FJC.

On my 10lb tank I get about 4 complete tire air ups, or 16 tires going from about 16 psi to 40 psi. Power Tank specs you can fill 20 33x12.5x15 tires an increase of 20 psi, or 13 tires 30 psi. The 20 psi increase takes about 30 seconds and the 30 psi increase takes about 45 seconds.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Southeast Overland wrote:
Xx_Black-out wrote:

The metal mount that comes with the Power Tank is V-E-R-Y nice. It has a flat back so it needs to be mounted against a flat surface for best results. I have my Power Tank mounted as far up as possible on the driver's side in the rear. There is a slight bend in the factory plastic inside panel so I needed the mount to be able to bend a bit. The QuickFists worked perfect. Either will work just fine - the best option depends on exactly where you want to mount your tank.

BTW - I have a spare factory Power Tank mount (cheap) if anyone wants one.

Steve, can you post a pic of how you have your tank mounted and a pic of the factory mount you have for sale?

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 pm

David B wrote:
Steve, can you post a pic of how you have your tank mounted and a pic of the factory mount you have for sale?

Sure can. I'll take a pic of both tomorrow when I'm at the shop.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Southeast Overland wrote:
David B wrote:

Sure can. I'll take a pic of both tomorrow when I'm at the shop.

Argh - I'm at the shop but I didn't drive my FJ today! Mad I won't be seeing her until late Sunday. I'll get pics up Sunday or Monday. Sorry for the delay.

Oh, and each Super Quick Fist has a WLL of 50 lbs so two @ 50 lbs each (100 lbs total) will easily hold a <30lb 10 lb CO2 tank.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnboy
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:40 pm

wow you guys are all pretty excited about my new powertank.its one of the few things i can win and find use for on the jeep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Tank Air Systems   

Back to top Go down

Power Tank Air Systems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1